Prep Time , Cook Time , Serves 20 cookies.
Recipe by: Kelly Gibney
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup thread or desiccated coconut
- ¾ cup brown sugar (tightly packed)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 125g butter
- ¼ cup of Taylor Pass Creamed Clover Honey
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Line two oven-proof trays with baking paper.
- Combine the rolled oats, flour, coconut, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine well. Break up any lumps of brown sugar.
- Place the butter, honey and water in a small saucepan and place over a low heat until the butter is melted. Don’t allow to simmer. Add the baking soda and whisk well. It will foam up a little – this is fine. Add to the dry mix and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Roll heaped tablespoons into balls and place on a tray with enough space between each ball for some spreading. Repeat with the remaining cookie dough. Use hand or a fork to lightly flatten.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until desired cooking level has been achieved. Longer will give a crunchier cookie.
- Leave on the tray to cool before moving.
- Once completely cool, can be stored in an airtight container for a couple of weeks.