Baked Coffee and Honey Doughnuts with Coffee Glaze
Rich, homemade decadence that will really wow. These are such a fun baking project. Use silicon doughnut pans for the easy removal.
Prep Time , Cook Time , Makes 10 doughnuts.
- 2 free range eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup coffee espresso
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons Taylor Pass Creamed Clover Honey, lightly warmed for easier pouring
- 1 cup regular or white spelt flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ cups icing sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons freshly made espresso
- Coffee beans to garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, coffee, olive oil, coconut sugar, nutmeg and honey.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour and whisk through the almond meal and baking powder.
- Make a well and add the wet ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Grease a doughnut pan. Fill each hole with batter until not quite full.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes. Check that a skewer comes out clean when inserted. Leave to cool for 5 minutes before placing on a wire rack to cool.
- Whisk together the glaze ingredients. Add coffee as needed to create a runny but still thick glaze.
- Dip each doughnut into it, gently shake off excess and place on a wire rack to cool and set.
- Garnish with 2 coffee beans if desired.