Charred Pineapple Salsa with Manuka Honey, Chilli and Mint
- ½ of 1 large fresh pineapple
1 tablespoon Taylor Pass Mānuka Blend Honey
- 1 large red chilli – deseeded and thinly sliced
- ¼ red onion – finely diced
- 1 firm avocado, cut into small cubes
- Juice of 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Handful fresh mint – roughly chopped
- Handful fresh coriander – roughly chopped
- Flaky sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Olive oil
- Cut all the skin from the pineapple using a sharp knife.
- Remove any hard brown bits that remain. Cut the pineapple into slices. Remove the very tough core.
- Add a little olive oil to a sauté pan over a high heat.
- Cook the pieces of pineapple until a little charred on each side.
- Finely chop the pineapple, drizzle with the honey and add to a large bowl along with the red onion, chilli, avocado, lime juice and olive oil. Toss well.
- Add the mint and coriander just before serving. Season generously.