Recipe by: Wonder and Charm, Prep Time: , Cook Time: , Total Time: , Serves: 10.
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 14-15 Graham crackers
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Peaches, sliced
- Strawberries, sliced
- Taylor Pass Native Flower honey
- Preheat the oven to 350°(F).
- Using a food processor crush the graham crackers into fine crumbs.
- Slowly add in the melted butter and mix together.
- Add the crushed graham crackers into a tart pan and firmly press into the tart pan evenly.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a small saucepan on medium heat, warm the milk and the heavy cream, but DON'T let it boil.
- In a small heatproof bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar, and cornstarch until it is smooth.
- Slowly while whisking continuously add in 1/2 cup of the hot milk mixture to the egg yolk mixture.
- Then add the yolk mixture into the same saucepan with the remaining milk mixture.
- Continue to cook on medium-high heat, stirring constantly. DON'T LET THE MIXTURE SIMMER OR BOIL.
- Once the mixture starts to thicken up remove it from the heat.
- Add in the butter and vanilla extract. Whisk until combined. Let it cool to room temperature.
- Once the custard has come room temperature pour it into the baked crust. Spread it evenly in the tart pan.
- Place it in the fridge to set for 4 hours to overnight.
- We don't have exact measurements for the fruit. Here is where you can out as much fruit as you want. It does not have to be just peaches, strawberries, and blueberries.