Homemade Raspberry Honey Jam
- 5 cups raspberries (smashed)
- 2 cups Taylor Pass Manuka UMF5+ honey
- 2 lemons juice
- Wash berries well.
- Sterilize four 250ml jars in a hot water canning pot.
- In a large enameled dutch oven or stainless steel pan, combine berries, honey, lemon juice, and zest. Bring to a boil and let cook for 20-30 minutes, until the sauce has reduced and berries have broken down.
- Ladle jam into sterilized jars. Cover with the lid, and gently screw down the metal rim with two fingers, just until resistance is met (do not close jars tightly - the air should be able to escape between the lid and the rim for the jar to seal properly). Process in a hot water bath for 10 minutes. Leave closed jars on the counter for 24 hours, until the lid has popped in and sealed properly.
- The sealed jam will keep sealed outside the fridge for a year. Once opened, keep the jam in the fridge.