Honey BBQ Chicken Wings
Serves: 6 people
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 2-1/2 pounds whole chicken wings
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup Taylor Pass honey
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a small saucepan, combine the soy sauce, barbecue sauce and honey. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1 cup.
- Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, paprika and pepper. Add wings a few at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a skillet, heat oil to 375°. Fry wings, a few at a time, for 3-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Drain on paper towels. Transfer wings to a large bowl; add sauce and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
Ready to give it a go? You can use any of our favorite Taylor Pass honeys for this recipe, which you can buy online - view the full range here.