Honey Chocolate Cupcakes
Recipe by: Tasty Kitchen
- ¾ cups Milk
- ⅓ cups Canola Oil
- 1 whole Egg
- ⅓ cups Sugar
- ⅓ cup of Taylor Pass Manuka Blend honey
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 1-¼ cup All-purpose Flour
- ⅓ cups Cocoa Powder
- ¾ teaspoons Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ cups Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Shortening
- 4 cups Icing Sugar, Perhaps As Few As 3 Cups
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- ¼ cups of Taylor Pass Manuka Blend honey
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. Line muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a stand mixer, whisk together milk, oil, egg, sugar, honey, and vanilla extract until combined. In large bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet and continue mixing until just combined.
- Pour batter into liners, about 1/4 cup in each liner until 2/3 full. Bake 18 minutes or until a knife inserted into center comes out clean. Allow them to cool completely to room temperature.
Honey Buttercream Frosting:
- To make buttercream, in a stand mixer with whisk attached whip butter and shortening until smooth. Slowly add the icing sugar one cup at a time. Add vanilla, milk and honey as you go to thin it out. Add as much icing sugar as needed until you reach the desired consistency around 3-4 cups. It should be soft and not too stiff.
- To pipe onto the cupcakes, use a round tip and fill icing bag. Alternatively, you can use an offset spatula to ice the tops of the cupcakes.
- Cupcakes can be stored in container for 1-2 days.