Honey Coconut Body Wash
Makes: 16 ounces.
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 20 drops orange (essential oil)
- 10 drops lemon (essential oil)
- 6 drops chamomile (essential oil)
- 1 cup liquid (unscented, castile soap)
- Fill the bottom of a double boiler with water and put it on the stovetop over medium heat. Once it reaches a boil, reduce heat to simmer.
- Place coconut oil in the top and cover. Simmer until it’s melted, stirring occasionally, about 1 minute. To preserve the beneficial botanicals, do not overheat. Remove from heat; take the top pan off the double boiler and wipe it dry with a towel.
- Put honey into a mixing bowl and add melted coconut oil, using a rubber spatula to get the remainder out of the pan. Whisk ingredients together for a minute, then add essential oils and whisk to blend.
- Finally, add castile soap, whisking gently to create a uniform liquid. Do not overwhisk, as this activates the soap bubbles.
- Carefully funnel mixture into a 16-ounce bottle with a tight-fitting lid.
- To use, apply to damp skin in small, upward motions. Rinse well. Makes 16 ounces.