Hot Taylor Pass Honey Tofu Nuggets
Recipe by: @onehangrymillennial
- 1 block of extra firm tofu
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 1 cup of Panko-style bread crumbs
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric and garlic powder
- Pinch of salt + pepper
- 1/4 cup of Taylor Pass Honey Manuka Honey
- 3 tbsp of Sriracha
- Red Pepper Flakes to top
- Place tofu in tofu press for at least one hour to remove excess water. You can also press tofu between 2 large plates, laying down paper towels to absorb extra moisture. After pressing, cut tofu into roughly 1-inch cubes.
- Preheat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Add the following to three small mixing bowls.
- Bowl 1: All-purpose flour
- Bowl 2: Almond milk
- Bowl 3: Remaining ingredients (Panko breadcrumbs and seasoning)
- Add tofu cubes to AP flour bowl, coating.
- Then transfer to almond milk, then to the bread crumb mixture, coating each surface of the cube.
- Place evenly on a greased baking sheet and transfer to heated oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes before flipping, then bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine honey and sriracha in a small mixing bowl.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before coating with honey mixture. Serve hot or cold. Enjoy.