Manuka honey and cinnamon shortbread
This light and flavorful cookie recipe combines gorgeous yuletide yumminess with Mānuka honey and a hint of cinnamon. We've sprinkled with freeze-dried raspberries for some festive flair. You could also ice and decorate your cookies.
- 175g butter – room temperature
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1 heaped tablespoon Taylor Pass Manuka Blend honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups plain white or white spelt flour
- ½ cup cornflour
- Cut the butter into cubes and place in a medium sized bowl along with the icing sugar. Use electric beaters to cream until pale and fluffy. Add the honey, vanilla and cinnamon and beat to combine well.
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees celsius.
- Stir through the flour and cornflour to bring the dough together. It may be helpful to use your hands for the last part of this. Split the dough in half. Place half on a lightly floured board and the other wrapped in clingfilm in the fridge until ready to use.
- Roll the dough out until 1 cm thick. Cut out the shapes you are using. Roll the leftover dough out again and keep repeating until you’ve used all the dough. If the dough is too soft to use, place in the fridge to chill and harden for 5 minutes.
Place cookies on lined baking sheets and bake for 25-35 minutes until very lightly golden.
- Place on a rack to cool before storing in an airtight container.
Get started by shopping our Manuka Blend Honey here.