Mānuka Honey and Hemp Protein Slice
An incredibly nutritious raw slice that makes the perfect breakfast on the go or afternoon tea treat.
Makes 16 slices.
- 100g dried dates
- 1 cup coconut threads
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup hemp protein
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¾ cup almond butter
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 rounded tablespoons Taylor Pass Mānuka Blend Honey, very lightly warmed
- 2-3 tablespoons water as needed
- Topping: diced dried mango, pumpkin seeds, freeze-dried raspberries
- Soak the dates in a bowl of boiling water for 10 minutes before draining well. Place in a food processor along with the coconut, oats and hemp protein. Blitz for a minute or so until the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Add the pumpkin seeds, almond butter, chia seeds and honey.
- Run the machine until everything is well combined and roughly even in consistency. Add water (one tablespoon at a time) as needed to bring the mix together. Test by pressing the together between your thumb and finger and checking that it holds together.
- Press mix firmly and evenly into a lined tin. Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds and diced mango on top. Press this very firmly into the surface. Sprinkle some freeze-dried raspberries on top and press this in also.
- Place in the freeze to set for 1-2 hours. Slice using a sharp knife. Store in the fridge or freezer.