Mashed Potatoes with Ricotta
Want a fun twist to the traditional mashed potatoes? Try our Taylor Pass Honey Mashed Potatoes with Ricotta recipe below. For more recipes like this one, be sure and sign up for the Taylor Pass Artisan Club.
- 2 1/2 pounds starchy potatoes (such as russet), peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh ricotta
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3 - 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 - 3 tablespoons Taylor Pass Honey
- In a medium pot, cover the potatoes with water.
- Cover pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Remove the lid, salt the water and cook the potatoes until tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Drain and return the potatoes to the pot. Mash the potatoes with the milk, ricotta, thyme, lemon zest, and butter.
- Season with salt and pepper, then mash in the honey to taste.