Quinoa, oat and pear porridge with Mānuka honey
Prep Time , Serves 2-3.
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 -2 cups water (as needed)
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 60g Rutherford and Myer Pear Paste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Taylor Pass Mānuka honey
- To serve: coconut cream or milk to serve, honey for drizzling, freeze-dried raspberries, toasted coconut, sliced pear
- Rinse the quinoa well.
- Place in a saucepan along with the coconut milk and water. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes with a lid on.
- Add the oats, pear paste, vanilla and honey. Simmer for 10 more minutes until the oats are tender. Add additional water if needed to ensure a creamy consistency.
- Add toppings as desired.