Soy, Honey and Ginger Pork Cutlets
Prep Time , Cook Time , Serves 4, Recipe by Well Hung Butcher
- 2 tbsp of Taylor Pass Beech Honeydew Honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- Knob of ginger, finely diced
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- Juice 1 lime
- Small bunch coriander, finely chopped
- 4 large NZ pork cutlets
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Coriander leaves
- To make the marinade, mix all of the ingredients in a small saucepan over a low heat until the honey melts. Separate into two equal portions and leave to cool. Add the pork to one half of the marinade and leave in fridge for 1 hour.
- Heat the oils in a grill until smoking hot and add the pork until charred and cooked – about 4 minutes either side.
- Remove the pork from the grill, and add the other half of the marinade. Cook the marinade on low until thick and sticky.
- Serve pork with fresh coriander leaves, sesame seeds and sticky marinade sauce.