Sticky Tofu Bao Buns
- 2 tablespoons Taylor Pass honey
- 2 tablespoons Spicy Molasses based Hot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 300g block firm tofu, cut into 1 cm slices
- 8 bao buns
- To serve: Shredded red cabbage, grated carrot, sliced cucumber, fresh coriander, sesame seeds, crispy shallots
- Whisk together the honey, hot sauce and soy sauce.
- Lay tofu in a shallow dish and pour over. Turn the tofu frequently to ensure it is well coated.
- Allow to marinade for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
- Warm the bao buns according to the packet directions. Open gently.
- Heat a glug of oil in a sauté an over a medium heat. Cook the tofu until piping hot and golden on both side.
- Fill the buns with the cooked tofu slices, red cabbage, grated carrot, sliced cucumber, fresh coriander, sesame seeds and crispy shallots. Serve immediately.