Summer Chickpea Salad
- 2 15-ounce cans of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Taylor Pass honey
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, onions, corn, tomatoes, basil and chives. Toss well with the salt and pepper.
- In a small saucepan, add the oil, vinegar, honey, garlic, lime juice and zest.
- Heat over low heat and whisk until the mixture is warm and garlic cloves are sizzling a bit.
- Pour the liquid over the chickpeas and and toss well to coat.
- Cover with a piece of plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. It tastes better as it sits.