Taylor Pass Honey Baked Ham
- 1 whole ham (cooked leg, about 11 lbs, bone removed)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup Taylor Pass Native Flower honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place an oven shelf in the center of the oven.
- Remove rind by cutting around ham knuckle and loosening with fingertips. Pull rind gently towards you in one piece.
- Score ham fat by making shallow cuts in one direction diagonally across the fat, then in the opposite direction.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and mustard. Rub over ham. Place in a roasting pan. Combine all other ingredients in a small bowl. Pour over ham.
- Bake for 35-40 mins, until caramelized, brushing with marinade every 10 mins. Rest for 10 mins before carving.