The Best Healthy Banana and Blueberry Muffins
Prep Time , Total Time , Serves Approx. 6.
Recipe by: @honeysfun
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed smooth (ripe is important!)
- 1/3 cup natural / coconut yogurt
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbs coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbs of Taylor Pass Native Flower Honey
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal flour
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 Tbs hemp seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Heat oven to 180fan.
- Grease your muffin tin with a little coconut oil (skip this step if you are using a silicone muffin tray.
- Using a fork, mix all the wet ingredients into a large bowl, then briefly stir in the baking soda.
- Using a spatula, carefully fold the remaining dry ingredients in until just combined, then sprinkle your blueberries in. Be careful not to over mix — this is the secret to fluffy muffins!.
- Divide evenly into 24 mini muffins, or 12 large muffins.
- Bake the minis for 17mins and the large for 20mins, or until the tops bounce back when you press on them lightly.
- Let cool before serving and store in a sealed container.