Loaded Goat Cheese Flatbread with Manuka Honey Drizzle
Caramelized onions, roasted red peppers, salty goat cheese, and a touch of sweet Manuka Honey come together perfectly for this sweet and savory flatbread. This flatbread is super simple to make with pizza crust and a handful of fresh ingredients.
A spoonful of olive oil and minced garlic starts things off at the base of the flatbread. Then, it’s finished off with leafy arugula and a generous drizzle of Taylor Pass Manuka Honey. Make sure to wait until after the flatbread is baked before drizzling the honey. It’s the ultimate balance of sweet and savory! Plus, the Unique Manuka Factor of 10+ in the Taylor Pass Manuka Honey means extra antibacterial health benefits in every tasty bite.
This goat cheese and caramelized onion flatbread is easy to make at home and sure to impress guests. Whip it up for an elevated appetizer and cut it however you like to share with friends. Both the roasted red peppers and caramelized onions lend sweet and savory vibes to the flatbread— plus each ingredient adds a necessary element of flavor and goes so well together. And, you can prepare everything ahead of time and simply throw it all on a pizza crust when you’re ready to enjoy!
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 1 store-bought pizza/flatbread crust - unbaked
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- ½ cup roasted red bell peppers, sliced
- 6 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes - optional
- 3 cups arugula
- ½ lemon
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Taylor Pass Manuka Honey UMF 10+
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 tbsp olive oil. Add the sliced onions and caramelize for about 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden and soft. Remove from the heat.
- Preheat the oven according to the pizza crust’s package directions. Roll the pizza dough out onto your baking sheet.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil over the crust, followed by the minced garlic. Spread evenly over the dough.
- Evenly spread the red bell peppers, caramelized onions, and goat cheese over the dough. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes if using.
- Bake the flatbread according to package directions.
- While the flatbread bakes, toss the arugula with the juice from half a lemon, the olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- After the flatbread is baked, top with the light arugula salad, and drizzle with a generous amount of Taylor Pass Manuka Honey.
Perfect as a starter if you're hosting a lunch or dinner, or a great idea for potlucks! Get started and shop the key Taylor Pass Manuka Honey drizzle here.